Technology Essential Agreements must be followed to use all technology. Failure to follow agreements will result in a loss of technology privileges.
1. I will only use technology for the educational purpose of the lesson.
2. I will treat the computer and technology with respect.
3. I will use my accounts in an appropriate way and will let the teacher know if I see someone using them inappropriately.
4. I will write positive and appropriate content.
5. I will be kind and respectful to my classmates.
Lesson 1: Private versus Personal
- analyze why private information should not be given to anyone online without the permission of a trusted adult.
- debate how to respond if an online-only friend asks them personal questions.
- understand what type of information can put me at risk to identity theft and other scams
- distinguish between personal information, which is safe to share online, and private information, which is unsafe to share.
Lesson 2: Cyberbullying
- empathize with the targets of cyberbullying.
- recognize some of the key similarities and differences between in-person bullying and cyberbullying.
- identify strategies for dealing responsibly with cyberbullying.
Lesson 5: STEREOTYPES
- evaluate online media messages that convey gender stereotypes.
- reflect on why gender stereotypes sometimes can be limiting.